Yes, it’s that time of year when Americans take a bit of time out and give thanks for… well, things.
In honour of that, here’s a special Tech Trumpet – a computerised version of the Star Spangled Banner.
You wouldn’t expect me just to play the tune without modifying it though, would you?
Course not, which is just as well, because this is a very special version of the song…
- Take the anthem’s words and assign each letter a number from 1 to 26, where A=1, B=2, C=3 and so on.
- Add up the numbers for each word.
- Obtain the number as modulus 12.
- Assign each number a musical note in the chromatic scale of C, where 1 = C, 2 = C#, 3 = D, and so on.
- Plug these notes into sequencer, apply synth effects.
And the result is… well, listen for yourself.
Previous Tech Trumpets:
13th November: Global Ocarina Jam
6th November: The Noise
30th October: Synth in the Pond
23rd October: Mr Do! Mix
16th October: iPhone Bloom
9th October: The Cosmovox Mixes 1 & 2
2nd October: Old ’80s Computers Rickrolled
25th September: Mad Skype Mix