Facebook’s just launched its second version of its popular iPhone application. Most mobile versions of Facebook are very limited, but this new release removes a lot of the restrictions of the first version of the application.
New features include:
- A full news feed on the homepage and access to whatever features you like
- Full photo posting and tagging, presumably using the iPhone camera. Shame the iPhone camera is so rubbish
- Notifications – those annoying red things that pop up in the bottom-right of your screen on the web version of Facebook and tell you about things you’ve already seen
- Profiles have now got tabs, matching the New Facebook design that everyone seems to despise so heartily, but which I actually quite like
- Comments on feed items will now show up too, which is good
It’s basically Facebook updating the iPhone app to match the new design on the website. I’m not an iPhone user personally, but it seems like they’ve plugged a lot of gaps that were missing from the original vesion of the application.
With any luck, we’ll see an S60 version show up in the short term, but I wouldn’t hold my breath on that one. If you’ve got an iPhone, then you can get the new version by heading to the App store.