The games that will herald the opening of the Nintendo’s online games store, WiiWare, have been announced. So when its virtual doors swing open on 20th May, you’ll have the choice to download:
. Dr. Mario & Germ Buster from Nintendo
· Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King from SQUARE ENIX
· Lost Winds from UK developer Frontier
· Pirates: The Key of Dreams published by Northants based Oxygen Interactive Ltd
· Pop from Australian developer Nnooo
· Star Soldier R from Japanese developer HUDSON SOFT
· Toki Tori from Dutch developer Two Tribes B.V.
· TV Show King from French developer Gameloft
Some of those names you’ll recognise but many you won’t, which is absolutely fantastic to see from Nintendo who have at last turned to smaller developers to help them expand the diminutive portfolio of games so often associated with their consoles.
“We are excited by the positive response we have received from third party developers to the announcement of WiiWare,” said MD of Marketing & PR for Nintendo Europe, Laurent Fischer.
“We hope that this opportunity and the inspiration to produce original and exciting games will allow developers of all sizes to bring new concepts, genres and game play experiences to Wii.”
The games will cost between £3-£4 or 500 Wii points assuming the pound or the Wii point markets haven’t crashed.
(via Tech Radar)
Related posts: Homestar Runner on WiiWare | Wii gets WiiWare