The results of last month’s Shiny Media iPhone survey are in, and it makes for some interesting reading.
With 487 respondents, it’s the UK’s largest iPhone survey to date.
Who’s getting it?
- 7.6% say they’re definitely getting an iPhone.
- Another 46.2% say they’re seriously considering it, depending on the deal they get.
- 17.4% will get it if there’s nothing better on the market.
- 4.8% will definitely not get it.
- 24% of respondents ranked how the iPhone looks as its crowning glory.
- 14.5% noted its touch screen.
- 11% its Wi-Fi capabilities.
- 7.1% its multi-touch gesturing system.
- Another 7.1% just because it’s an Apple product.
- 37.7% said the cost was too high.
- 13.9% were most concerned over poor battery life.
- 10.4% said that not having a physical keyboard was an issue.
- 8.4% didn’t like the possibility of being tied to a single network.
- Only 4.5% of people thought that not having 3G was a major shortcoming.
Head over to iPhonic.tv for the rest of the results, including which network people thought should get the iPhone, who they perceive are the main rivals, and what the iPhone might do for iPod sales. And stay tuned for more in-depth results and analysis this week.