This week's hottest iPhone stories: reviews, opinion, Europe launch, unlocking
It's the week following the US iPhone launch, so there's plenty of opinion and review. First post-launch iPhone reviews in: not perfect but still looking great Ripping it apart: Who supplied what on the iPhone? There's a lot of speculation…
Rumour: European iPhone deal clinched by T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
The latest rumour surrounding the iPhone's European launch is that it's coming on November 1st, and will be sold exclusively by Germany's Deutsche Telekom, known better in the UK as T-Mobile. Unnamed sources in the German newspaper Rheinische Post claim…
VOIP rates for the iPhone and Second Life's online festival: the best stories from Shiny Media
– iPhone mania has almost broken AT&T’s network, so JAJAH’s attempt to bring VOIP rates to the handset may be well-timed [iPhonic]
iPhone reviews and downloadable original Wii games: the best stories from Shiny Media
– iPhone fever is approaching fever pitch. The opinions of people who’ve actually used one are emerging [iPhonic]
YouTube launches UK site and Manhunt 2 banned by BBFC: the best stories from Shiny Media
– Recognizing that over half of YouTube users are outside the U.S, country-specific sites have launched today. And yes, the UK is one of them [Techscape]
This week's hottest iPhone stories: developers, applications, scams, Flash, iTunes, delays, European threat, Greenpeace
Just a week after we discovered the iPhone’s US launch date, Steve Jobs delivered his keynote address at Apple’s World Wide Developers’ Conference.
Developers who had been eagerly waiting to see what kind of opportunities they’d get to put their applications on the iPhone found out: there’s no Software Development Kit – just use Safari and Web 2.0 technologies.
Unsurprisingly, that annoyed some people, but not everyone. It certainly hasn’t stopped some iPhone applications appearing two weeks before the iPhone does. Whether they’re useful though…
It must be a trick or a scam, surely? Pure Mobile (who also have a presence in the UK) has been offering an unlocked iPhone – though there’s precious little other detail. Quite how they’re going to get hold of one, unlock it, and offer it to punters is rather bemusing. Maybe they need a call from the Better Business Bureau?
Resistance: Fall of Man controversy continues and rumours of iPhone delays: the best stories from Shiny Media
– The controversy over Resistance: Fall of Man continues. The Church is now appealing directly to the people of Japan [PSPSPS]
iPhone review expected soon and Halo 3 tipped to be bigger than Gears of War: the best stories from Shiny Media
– It looks like a review of the iPhone may be just a couple of weeks away. A Wall Street Journal columnist is putting one through its paces as we speak [iPhonic]
Wii on the web improvements afoot, and XBox 360 price reduction mooted: the best stories from Shiny Media
– If your experience of surfing the web on your Wii has proven frustrating, you’ll be pleased to know that web designers are starting to think of you [Wii Wii]
SunBrite outdoor HDTV and Belkin iPhone armband: the best stories from Shiny Media
Your dream of an outdoor home cinema could soon become a reality. SunBrite’s new HDTV is “all weather resistant” [HDTV]