ViewRanger GPS now available on the App Store
The award winning ViewRanger GPS sat-nav app has hit the App Store. For £14.99 iPhone owners can get all of the features of a dedicated GPS system on their smartphones.
The ViewRanger GPS features premium map data from 13 countries, including the UK and USA, and includes multi-touch controls.
There is also an emphasis on topographic mapping in the app, provided by National Geographic and Ordnance Survey, ideal for trekkers, ramblers and off-road enthusiasts.
“There is a generation of people that have grown up with vehicle sat-navs and internet-based maps who may rarely use topographic maps,” said Dan Ortiz, Vice President, Products, Marketing & Operations for National Geographic Maps. “ViewRanger GPS captures this audience, and by making it easy to follow a topographic map on their phone, it will allow them to venture into the outdoors with confidence.”
Click here to pick the app up.
The full feature list includes:
– Premium topographic mapping (13 countries, more being added). Includes National Geographic, Ordnance Survey, BKG, IGN, IGN BE, NLS Finland, …
– Works in portrait & landscape orientations of phone
– Multi-touch support, such as pinch gestures to zoom in and out
– Maps are cached on handset, so no mobile network required in use
– Use in-app purchasing to add more premium maps from growing map library
– Create, draw and plot your own routes on the iPhone handset
– Plot points of interest
– Record your gps track – get statistics on distance, speed, height gain/loss, etc.
– Wide range of coordinates supported – national grid; lat/lon; ITM; UTM
– Use imperial, metric and nautical units
– Import routes, POIs, and tracks to ViewRanger from third-party sites and software using GPX files
– Export tracks, routes and POIs from ViewRanger via GPX files
– Share routes, pois, and tracks with ViewRanger users on Symbian and Android handsets
– Just two taps to download routes or map tiles at your location.
– Screen proximity switch – automatically locks the screen if you put the phone in your pocket or rucksack – but continues to record your track.
Comments are closed.
Wow! Your site has a ton comment posts. How did you get so many bloggers to look at your site I’m envious! I’m still getting to know all about posting articles on the internet. I’m going to look around on your site to get a better idea how to achieve success. Thanks!
This is so coll. This app stands out. I want to try this one out.
weber e310 sale
It seems cool. Now it can be used in LBS
your site is so interactive where we get lots of informative on any topics nice job keep it up !!
good blog really and good sharing