CES 2010 – iriver's Story ereader goes wireless and gets proper launch
I remember iriver from a few years back as a company that briefly gave Apple a headache or two with its innovative MP3 players. The company is still in the MP3 market and its latest wheeze is to put a music player inside an ereader.
In fact the Story, which launches at CES this week and goes on sale in the US later this month (versions of the ereader have been on sale elsewhere in the world), is one very bizarre ereader. For starters it has a small-ish 6inch screen and is very thin and lightweight. Nevertheless it packs a whole host other goodies including a personal organiszer, voice recognition software and a memo pad. There’s also wireless facilities and 2GB of internal memory plus an SD card slot for more storage. It also supports PDF, PPT, DOC, and XLS files.
The really odd thing though is that is features a QWERTY key pad, which I guess is useful for when you are typing those memos.
TechDigest at CES is sponsored by Best Buy. For more CES stories and
videos go here
Comments are closed.
i think you have a great site here… today was my first time coming here..
The blog was absolutely fantastic as there are lots of great information and inspiration.
This is a great blog posting and very useful. I really appreciate the research you put into it.
I am simply out of words after reading your blog. I want to appreciate the way you handled such a complicated subject.
Glad reading about this CES 2010.
the four steps, should be possible to customize in settings, so I would be able to have it on medium/sec.medium/high as my own customized standard.
Indeed. I certainly agree with you.
I definitely agree.
This is really a fascinating blog, lots of stuff that I can get into. One thing I just want to say is that your Blog is so perfect!
Glad reading your page.
This CES looks like kindle.
The post is written in very a good manner and it entails many useful information for me. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement the concept. Thank you for the post.
Cocoa Beach Condos
Everywhere in the LV, a bit mean！
Iriver story general problems, which wifi won’t fix. But an opdate will fix, if it will come some day, since no email response from the company are available! I assume this company are a hoax like most companys there send to many product on the marked, updates never come.
Most of mine ebooks are pdf, and if I can use reflow on them it really works nice, but there are really big problems.
Problems to consider:
1. The Zoom with the four steps, should be possible to customize in settings, so I would be able to have it on medium/sec.medium/high as my own customized standard.
2. Zoom in both versions does not work in landscape mode. Why?
3. The corner Zoom has to be easier in functionality, (sorry but to 80es software engineer loves his idea)
4. When I have a book on my SD card and read in it, the Story does not save my Reflow and Zoom settings, this means that i every time I read a book from my SD card have to inter the settings once more. (sorry but that’s really crappy)
5. Why does the Story not recognize any book in the book section when i only have my books on a SD card, should recognize them. (have my books on diffrent SD cards, categorized)
This means that each time re-inter another SD card it shall remember where i was in the book and what Reflow/zoom i had, otherwise it wont be real to call it an expansion possibility.
6. The Reflow display some pdf, very weird, exampled under:
Fred is fat and lives in a shel
ter while eating fish with his toes, and usually he sleeps with fresh herring under his pillow.
Unfortunate for the other resi
dents in the shelter, he is resisting any fish related arguments.
So it breaks the lines in some words, this is really not acceptable, please fix it.
7. Must agree with critics that it is cheap not to deliver a cover with the story.
8. There should be a possibility to set the story, to re-inter directly into the book you just read last time, so you dont have to g0 through the menu every time.
9. I can not bookmark pages in pdf’s.
10. Recent book, should be resent books, if you are reading several at the time.