T-Mobile will be launching the Blackberry Bold 9700 in the UK online from Friday 6th November.
Once under the rumoured name of “Onyx”, the Bold 9700 boasts a larger display (480 x 360, up from 480 x 320) than it’s 9000 predecessor, despite being noticeably smaller in your hand, measuring up at 109 mm x 60 mm x 14.1 mm.
Key features are set to include a new optical track pad to ease navigation, a 3.2 Mega pixel camera with video recording, HSDPA and Wi-Fi internet, up to 32GB of expandable memory, and the ability to sync your phone with your iTunes account.
The handset will be free with a £35 per month contract from T-Mobile, with the Blackberry Email Booster service and unlimited internet usage costing an extra £5 per month.
We know you Blackberry owners like to know whats going on under the bonnet, so here’s a rather extensive specifications sheet for the Blackberry Bold 9700:
- Sleek design measuring 109 mm x 60 mm x 14.1 mm and weighing only 122 grams
- Sharp and dazzling 2.44″ light-sensing display (480 x 360 resolution at 245 ppi)
- Highly tactile full-QWERTY keyboard – with finely sculpted keys and chrome frets – for fast, accurate typing
- Innovative touch-sensitive trackpad that allows intuitive and responsive navigation
- Built-in WiFi (802.11 b/g)
- 3.2 MP camera with variable zoom, autofocus, flash and video recording
- Built-in GPS for maps and other location-based applications, as well as photo geotagging
- Media player for videos, pictures and music (music play now extended up to 38 hours), plus support for BlackBerry® Desktop Manager for both PCs and Macs, and BlackBerry® Media Sync for easily syncing iTunes® and Windows Media® Player music with the smartphone
- 3.5 mm stereo headset jack, dedicated volume controls, Lock and Mute keys seamlessly integrated across the top of the handset
- microSD/SDHD memory card slot that supports up to 16 GB cards today and is expected to support 32 GB cards when available; a 2GB card is included
- 256 MB of Flash memory
- Premium and easy-to-access phone features, background noise suppression technology and high quality speakerphone
- Bluetooth® (2.1) with support for Secure Simple Pairing, hands-free headsets, stereo headsets, car kits and other Bluetooth peripherals
- Support for BlackBerry® services and BlackBerry® Enterprise Server deployments
- Available in two versions to support various carrier 3G network frequency combinations:
- UMTS/HSDPA 2100/1900/850/800 MHz and quad-band EDGE/GPRS/GSM
- UMTS/HSDPA 2100/1700/900 MHz and quad-band EDGE/GPRS/GSM
- Removable, rechargeable 1500 mAhr battery that provides approximately 6 hours of talk time and 17 days of standby time in 3G mode.