Apple’s App Store has released a Musée de Lourve app to coincide with the opening of the first Apple retail store in Paris.
Key features of the Lourve App include:
- Artworks – where users can discover fifty major works from the museum with narrative, detailed views and a description of the art and its location within the museum.
- The Palace – which offers ten views from outside and inside the museum, with each image offering detailed information on the corresponding hall as well as explanatory content.
- Tour – which allows users to browse through the museum via seven videos in full screen.
- Bookmarks – where users can bookmark their favourite selection of works and halls.
- Visitor information – offering information on everything visitors to the museum will need: access, timetables, tariffs, services, map and contacts.
Coming to your iPhone free of cost, it’s a fair bit cheaper than a knock-off canvas or a trip on the Eurostar.
Pick up the app here.