Extrapolating the trend, you find that by March the company could hit 200 million active users. Interestingly, 70% of the growth is coming from outside the States, meaning that the market in the USA (and likely the UK, too) has possibly matured and is no longer growing as fast.
A few fast facts:
- The fastest growing demographic is those 25 years old and older
- Average user has 100 friends on the site
- More than 13 million users update their statuses at least once each day (oops – I blame Twitter)
- More than 2 million events created each month
- More than 95% of Facebook members have used at least one application built on Facebook Platform
Even more facts and stats can be found on Facebook’s press site.