Deezer announces Amazon Alexa voice control for free users
Global music streaming service Deezer is now giving its free users the ability to control their music through voice on Amazon Alexa.
Free users on the advert supported version of the service will now be able to enjoy music from requested artists, genres and editorial playlists.
Users can set Deezer as their preferred music streaming service in the Alexa app setting and give commands such as “Alexa, play music on Deezer” or “Alexa, play my Flow,” – a personal soundtrack that uses Deezer smart data and editorial recommendations to play songs that it thinks users will like as well as help them discover new ones.
Alexa fans who want more Deezer voice control options can also subscribe as a Deezer Premium user to access added benefits such as: ad-free listening, search specific songs, skip unlimited number of tracks, album listening without shuffle mode, and higher audio quality.
Says Laurence Miall – d’Août, Chief Commercial Officer at Deezer:
“We are excited to offer our first free personalised music experience for Alexa customers. The free service is an easy and convenient way to start listening to music with any Alexa-enabled device right out of the box, making Deezer an even more attractive music choice. This also means that for the first time millions of existing Deezer users with free accounts will be able to enjoy music on Alexa-enabled devices.”
The music streaming service has also just updated its app with a new look and feel, matching its colour to the cover art of the current track the user is listening to. The logo has been updated and there’s a new font too, Mabry Pro.
Users can now enjoy Deezer’s new look and feel by logging into the service at www.deezer.com or by updating the Deezer app on their mobile phone.
Voice Control for Deezer Free Users with Amazon Alexa includes:
- Primary Music Account: instantly access mixes and playlists from a diverse catalogue of 53 million tracks
- Flow: with three easy words “Alexa, play Flow,” Alexa will immediately play a continuous soundtrack that’s personalised to your exact tastes through Deezer smart data and editorial recommendations
- Ask Alexa: to play artists and genre mixes, editorial playlists, as well as control volume, pause and skip (limit six songs per hour)
- Music for your mood: recognises over 18 different moods among 74 different genres e.g. “Alexa, play Jazz”
- Like or Dislike: help tailor your Flow by telling Alexa “I like this song” or “Alexa, I don’t like this” if you’re not feeling a certain vibe
Deezer announced worldwide accessibility for paying subscribers through Alexa-enabled devices such as Sonos One, Ultimate Ears BLAST and MEGABLAST in 2018. There will be more Deezer features for Amazon Alexa available in the coming months.
Deezer connects 14 million monthly active users around the world to 53 million tracks. It is available in over 180 countries worldwide.