One of the most annoying things about the PS4 is when you have to download updates, and then before you can play a game, you have to wait for it to install them. The good news is that this might soon become a thing of the past.
According to ActionTrip, version 2.5 of the PS4’s system software will be pushed out tomorrow, and will add:
- Backup and Restore HDD to USB
- Improved Finding and Connecting with Friends
- Share Earned Trophies and Optimize Your Trophy List, including removing games from list with 0%
- Trophies and sharing Trophy screenshots when Trophy is earned
- Improved Accessibility Options
- Remote Play and Share Play now available for games running at 60 fps
- Automatic Installation of Software Updates
- Verified Accounts for game developers and community managers
- Sharing via Dailymotion
- Sub-Account Upgrades to Master Accounts
Apparently the Vita and PS app for phones will also be getting an update to accommodate the changes.