Today we’re launching an easy to enter mobile photography competition with our friends at Orbitsound to kick off Instagram week and give one reader the chance to win a fabulous T12v3 speaker bar as well as lots of runner-up prizes that we have dug out from our cupboard including iPhone cases, iPhone lenses, games and other iPhone accessories.
It’s bright and sunny today, but there’s a chill in the air and crispy orange leaves on the ground, so we want you to take a photo with an Autumnal theme, then share it on Twitter along with the hash tag #ShinyAutumn.
We’ll be looking for original and inspiring photos that are a little bit different and really capture what Autumn means to you. So it gives you free reign to be super creative! Don’t forget Halloween is a big part of Autumn too, so if you’d prefer to take a photo of something scary rather than something golden brown, shoot away.
Once all of the entries are in, we’ll pick the best 20 images and create an ‘Instagram photography magazine.’ This will be available as a free iPad/digital magazine as well as a paid-for printed magazine at the end of the competition. A video of the best images will also be uploaded and made into a video on YouTube.
How to enter
To enter, simply take a photo that represents Autumn for you (you can enter as many times as you like). You can submit a photo you have already taken too.
You can edit it and add an Instagram filter to it if you want, or just leave it how it is.
Then share your image on Twitter along with the hash tag #ShinyAutumn.
The competition is alongside our Instagram week, so you can enter via Instagram if you have an iPhone, but if you don’t then just share your photo to Twitter with whatever other photo sharing service you use, like TwitPic or PicPlz, just be sure to add the hash tag to your tweet!
We will then choose 20 images to go through to the final stage and will then judge which we feel looks good and gives us an original perspective of Autumn and find one ultimate winner.
One winner will get an award winning Orbitsound T12v3 soundbar, which produces incredible surround sound, thanks to the patented ‘spatial sound’ technology. 19 runners-up will get a random phone-related lucky dip prize, we have some cases, lenses and stands.
The competition will continue for two weeks, so be sure to get all of your entries taken and tweeted with the hash tag #ShinyAutumn by 5pm on the 1st November 2011.
Terms and Conditions
- You can enter as many photos as you want.
- All entries must be tweeted and contain the hash tag #ShinyAutumn.
- The competition closes at 5pm on the 5pm on the 1st November 2011. No entries will be considered after then.
- This competition is open to residents of the UK and Ireland.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winning entry will be the one which is most original, visually appealing and in keeping with the Autumn theme.
- The winner will be notified within seven days of the closing date.
- All prizes are non transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
- All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere.
- Only include close-up photographs of people in your entry if they have consented to having their photograph taken. It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure they have permission to include the subject in their entry.
- The copyright for the image remains with the entrant. However, by entering a photo into the competition, you give ShinyShiny permission to use your photos for other promotional purposes and include them in any other material, such as on ShinyShiny, in an iPad magazine and in an actual printed magazine.
- Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.