RUMOUR: New iPhone specs and release date
Word has broken webside of the dates and specs on the next generation iPhone. This time it’s from a friend of a friend of friend of one of the Apple hardware team and the specs are certainly consistent with the murmurings so far.
- 32GB and 16GB to replace current capacities
- $199 and $299 price-points to be maintained
- 3.2 Megapixel camera
- Video recording & editing capabilities
- Ability to send a picture & video via MMS
- Discontinuation of the metal band surrounding the edge of the device
- OLED screen
- 1.5X The battery life
- Double the RAM and processing power
- Built-in FM transmitter
- Apple logo on the back to light up
- Rubber-tread backing
- Sleeker design
- Built-in compass
- Revolutionary combination of the camera, GPS, compass, and Google maps to identify photo and inform about photo locations.
- Turn by turn directions
- July 17th, 2009 release date
As to whether it’s true, we’ll have to wait and see, but I like the sound of that OLED screen and subsequent battery life. The only question left is: To Jailbreak or not to Jailbreak?
(via Apple iPhone Apps)
One thought on “RUMOUR: New iPhone specs and release date”
Comments are closed.
Excellent, so we can expect Sandisk to launch the 32GB MicroSDHC cards for the rest of us come July if not sooner. Competition, it’s a glorious thing.
Firmware upgrades in 3…2…