Top 10 most irritating songs – and you bought them
Before you press the ‘buy’ button, ask yourself this: Will the song stuck in your head today be the song that does your head in tomorrow? Chances are it will.
In fact, all of the top 10 most irritating songs were big hits, topped by the most irritating of all – James Blunt’s ‘You’re Beautiful’. In a close second was the Crazy Frog tune, followed by Hansen’s ‘Mmm bop’. Over 5000 people took part in the poll by global market research site www.onepoll.com, which also gave dishonourable mentions to ‘Mr Blobby’ by Mr Blobby, ‘Agadoo’ by Black Lace and ‘Birdie Song’ by The Tweets.
But where is ‘Doop’ by Doop or the entire Westlife back catalogue? Surely worse than sixth-placed ‘Shout’ by Lulu. Read on after the turn for the top 10 rundown.
Top 10 Irritating Songs
1. You’re Beautiful – James Blunt (2005)
2. Axel F – Crazy Frog (2005)
3. Mmm Bop – Hansen (1997)
4. Mr Blobby – Mr Blobby (1993)
5. Birdie Song – The Tweets (1981)
6. Shout – Lulu (1964)
7.Agadoo – Black Lace (1984)
8. Grace Kelly – Mika (2007)
9. My Heart Will Go On – Celine Dion (1998)
10. Las Macarena – Los Del Rio (1997)
And if that’s not enough terrible tuneage for you, we’ve compiled our list of the Top 20 Dreadful Songs You Can Buy On iTunes. Phil Collins! Rednex! Michael Bolton! All the classics…
MusicMakesFriends aiming to steal Last.fm’s thunder
Sony to close its Connect online music store
Apple to sell iTunes music downloads through Bebo
Comments are closed.
1. “Honey” by Bobby Goldsboro. NO contest!
2. “Sugar, Sugar” by The Archies. Geez, this wasn’t even a band. They were cartoon characters, and the stupid song was Number One for 4 months!!!
Who let the dogs out! didn’t make the list, what?