Thales have introduced two new satellite navigation units in its Magellan range, the 3050T and 6000T which both feature Live Traffic updates from RAC Trafficmaster.
They continue to use the Magellan NavEnging routing technology, using the Intel XScale processor. It also features SmartDetour software that routes drivers around congestion using the RAC’s Trafficmaster Telematics information.
They both have the following features:
- 3.5 inch colour touch-screen display.
- real-time traffic info and routing, with free Trafficmaster for the first month.
- fixed radar point locations in the UK, France, Germany, and many other European countries.
- SmartDetour re-routing built-in.
- QuickSpell for quickly searching through destination addresses.
- Multi-destination routing.
- Multimedia including MP3/WMA and digital photo access via SD cards.
- Maps of 27 countries on 4GB hard drive.
- Weighs 245g
- 1 million downloadable customised points of interest
Additionally the 6000T has built-in Bluetooth allowing drivers to make calls using the integrated speaker and microphone.
The 6000T costs €699 and the 3050T costs €599