You’ve probably noticed the Google ads that sit on the page when you’re using Gmail. It’s one of the ways Google makes money out of your free email service. But have you noticed they also appear at the top of the page when you click on your Spam folder.
And because they’re related to the content that you’re reading, they’re always recipes involving spam (the food) from the same website, RecipeSource? Anyway, here’s Tech Digest’s pick of the, er, tastiest recipes that we’ve noticed while clearing out our Gmail spam folder.
1. Spam Vegetable Strudel. Good for vegetarians (apart from the spam part)
2. Vineyard Spam Salad. i.e. it has grapes in it.
3. Spam Primavera. Popular in Italy. Possibly.
4. Spam Imperial Tortilla Sandwiches. Makes me whistle the Star Wars theme.
5. Creamy Spam Broccoli Casserole. Spam and broccoli! Together at last!
6. Spicy Spam Kabobs. Yes, they do mean kebabs. But I like that spelling too.
7. Spam Fajitas. Do Mexicans really eat a lot of spam?
8. Spam Breakfast Burritos. Start the day as you mean to go on. Retching.
9. Spam Hashbrown Cake. Props for the inclusion of a can of chicken soup too.
10. Spam Swiss Pie. Swiss Families get marooned on desert islands to escape it.