Internet security firm McAfee have been doing some more research and revealed the top 10 spam email subject lines for July 2006, and surprise, surprise, they’re nearly all about phishing – attempting to steal account information or otherwise extort money.
Here we go:
- Message from eBay Member
- PayPal Notification
- Restore Your Account Access
- Chase Online Banking Service
- eBay Member email@example.com
- eBay Item Not Received Dispute Opened for Item
- Question from eBay member
- Question from eBay Member
- Barclays International informs you
- Amazon.com – Account maintenance – Profile Update
It’s a familiar looking list, and tries to exploit using some of the Internet’s biggest services and retailers.
What (printable) email subject lines bug you the most?