Nikon 5 Meg camera under £300
New from Nikon is a 5.1 megapixel camera, the Coolpix S1. Available in silver, ivory white and ebony black, it’s quite an attractive number with aluminium exterior. Key features include 35-105mm lens, 2.5inch LCD monitor and continuous shooting up to 1.8 frames per second. It also comes with Nikon’s face priority AF function which detects human faces in the frame and then provide optimum focus. It will cost £279 when launched in April.
* 200 images from EN-EL8 rechargeable battery
* D-Lighting function compensates pictures taken with excessive backlight/insufficient flash
* Underwater mode designed to work with WP-C5 underwater housing (£149.99)
* 12Mb of internal memory, compatible with SD memory cards
* PictBridge compatible to connect to photo printer without PC
* Four different movie modes