Britney is, alas, otherwise engaged, so won’t be making an appearance at this year’s CES. Thankfully, an array of other celebs ARE heading for Vegas at the beck and call of sundry consumer tech companies. Here’s the ones we’ll be
stalking checking out:
1. Yoko Ono. Yep, you read that right. She’ll be on the John Lennon Educational Tour Bus on Monday, graciously accepting apologies from sheepish Beatles fans who thought she was the worst Fab Four wife until Heather Mills came along.
2. Michael Douglas. He’s appearing at the XstreamHD stand on Tuesday, looking strangely less craggy than he was ten years ago.
3. Chuck D out of Public Enemy. Bringing the noise on Monday.
4. Darryl ‘DMC’ McDaniels out of Run DMC. Bringing the trainers, also on Monday.
5. Kevin Costner and Band. Who knew Costner had a band? They’re playing the Gibson Tent on Monday. Heaven forfend they follow Waterworld in being a vanity project that goes on too long and is subject to critical derision. Although if the drummer has gills, that’d be a bonus.
6. XENA. The warrior princess (presumably in her real-life alter ego Lucy Lawless) is in a conference session on ‘Science Fiction’s Influence on Technology’. There’s not enough ambiguous lesbian subplots in the high-definition format wars…
7. Danica Patrick. IndyCar racer who boasts the highest ever finish (4th) for a woman in the Indianapolis 500. She was also voted sexiest athlete in the Victoria’s Secret ‘What is Sexy’ list. You can guess which accolade will be most exciting for geeky CES-goers. The sexist pigdogs.
8. David Ortiz. Oh, you know, he’s one of those throwers in that weird version of rounders they play over here in the US.
9. Candice Michelle. Another accomplished sportswoman? Well, it depends whether you class WWE bra’n’panties matches as sport. I think the true term is sports entertainment. Anyway, like Patrick, she’ll be appearing on the GoDaddy stand on Monday.
10. Natasha Bedingfield. She’s backing Yoko up at the John Lennon Educational Tour Bus. She’s no stooge though: her words are her own. Hopefully she won’t bring up that embarrassing stuff about wanting my babies again though. It’s all a misunderstanding.
CES 2008 Special
Read all our coverage from the show in our CES 2008 category