Username Change is one of the most highly requested features from its community, claims Snapchat, particularly for its trans and non-binary members, in addition to longstanding Snapchatters.
Snapchatters will be able to change their Username once per year to any unclaimed handle that has not been used (including by themselves) in the past.
- Tap the Bitmoji icon in the top right corner of the Camera to head to the profile screen
- Select settings by tapping on the gear icon in the top right corner of the profile
- Tap “Username,” just below Name, and select “Change Username” marked in blue
- From there, click continue on the pop up reminding that Usernames can only be changed once per year
- Type in a new Username, hit next, and log back in to Snapchat to finalize!