Today sees Chinese company Honor, a sub-brand of Huawei, launch the Honor 10, its flagship smartphone for 2018.
On board is advanced AI 2.0 technology, applied chiefly to the smartphone’s dual camera. There’s also a 3D glass back with a nano-scale optical coating composed of 15 layers of shimmering color.
The Honor 10 is exclusive to the Three UK network on pay monthly advanced plans from £31 per month for 4GB of data or £40 per month for 30GB of data, with no upfront handset costs, or on Pay As You Go – available in Three stores or online from Thursday 17th May.
Says George Zhao, President of Honor:
“We believe the recipe of success is simple – give consumers a really good product! That’s what we work hard for everyday at Honor.”
“We want to co-create a new lifestyle with young people worldwide. We listen to them, we bounce ideas around with them, and we cheer for them. They are our inspiration, and the reason we created the Honor 10, with its AI photography features and exquisite design.”
Wilkin Lee, Honor UK Sales and Marketing Director adds:
“The new Honor 10 handset features the latest AI technology and newest camera features. Sleek, easy to use and high-performing; we’re proud to have created a handset that reflects the needs and wants of our customers.”
Key Features of the Honor 10
AI 2.0 Camera
24MP + 16MP rear camera
- The Honor 10 24MP+16MP dual AI camera recognises 500+ scenarios in 22 categories in real time
- It can pinpoint the outlines of various surrounding objects, like the sky, plants, people or even a waterfall, and identify their locations instantly
- This feature is supported by industry-first Semantic Image Segmentation technology, which allows the Honor 10 to identify multiple objects in one single image. These industry-first Honor 10 features apply scene-specific parameters to each photo in real time when taking a picture, making every photo you take a professional shot with just one click
24MP front camera
- The Honor 10’s 24MP front camera is your intelligent selfie companion. It supports 3D face recognition, optimises facial details and detects over a hundred facial points to pixel-level accuracy
- The Honor 10 front camera also supports studio lighting effects with a range of lighting conditions
- The advanced and precise facial recognition ensures an accurate bokeh, and captures subtle features of everyone’s face, even in a ‘groufie’ shot