TEAC goes tie-dye with 1960’s inspired turntable
How about this for a ‘groovy’ turntable. Fifty years after the summer of love, TEAC is introducing a tie-die turntable that’s sure to brighten up a drizzly autumn day.
The 2-speed (33 and 45 RPM) turntable player combines high density MDF base with a machined aluminium platter to deliver, TEAC claims, incredible resonance rejection, speed control and, most importantly, audio fidelity.
The eye-catching appearance of the TN-420 is achieved through a modern hydro-graphics printing process while the high inertia aluminium die-cast platter is driven by a high-torque DC motor with a durable Neoprene rubber belt to achieve stable rotation.
In addition, highly accurate rotation of the platter is maintained by a polished spindle (machined from a stainless steel block) contained within a durable bronze spindle holder.
Other features include switchable Phono/Line level outputs on RCA (phono) connectors as well as a digital output (via USB) for easy connection to a Mac or PC for playback and/or archiving favourite LPs.
The TEAC TN-420 is available now for £329. For further product/stockist/trade info see www.teac-audio.eu
TEAC TN-420 – MAIN FEATURES
- 2-speed Turntable including 33-1/3 and 45 RPM for LP/EP record playback
- Unique ‘Tie-Dye’ finish
- Built-in phono equaliser amplifier for MM type cartridge (Line/Phono output switchable)
- USB digital output for transferring music from vinyl to Mac or PC
- Belt-drive turntable for enhanced speed control and consistency
- Manual arm lifter for direct tone arm control
- Static balanced S-shaped Tone Arm
- Replaceable headshell
- Anti-skating system prevents tracking errors
- Heavyweight Aluminium Die-cast Platter
- Japanese-made MM-type cartridge (audio-technica AT95E) included
- Corrosion-resistant gold-plated terminals