Affordable electronics manufacturer, Groov-e, has introduced a new solar powered charger to its line up (just as the sun disappears from view, not to be seen again until it makes a fleeting appearance next summer). Called the SolarBank, it can be purchased via Amazon for £33.19 and comes pre-charged.
Nearly twice as powerful as its predecessor (the 3600mAh solar charger), the new Solar Bank allows you to charge a smartphone in as little as 1.5 hours and allows users to power up two devices at the same time. However for the device to be self charged via the sun will take around 35 hours.
Those who need to charge the Solar Bank quickly have the option to charge via USB – with both micro and mini USB adapters included. The Solar Bank will charge a mobile phone up to eight times before needing to be charged again.
Perfect for those who love the great outdoors, the Solar Bank also comes with built-in flashlight – making camping and outdoor pursuits safer and easier. .
– Input 4.5V-5.8V/1A (Fixed USB charging cable)
– Output 5V/1A (Fixed Micro-USB cable) or 5V/2.4A (USB Port)
– Charging cable plus tips for Micro USB, Mini USB, Nokia, Pouch
– USB Sync/Charge cable supplied by Apple is required for IOS devices (not included)
– Self charging time via USB 6-7 hours
– Self charging time via Sun 35 hours
– Device charging time 1.5-2 hours
What can you charge:
– iPad/Tablet up to 1 time
– iPhone/Smart Phone 2-4 times
– GPS 2-4 times
– Mobile Phone 4-8 times
– e-Reader 1-3 times
– iPod/MP3 player 4-8 times