These look quite cool. They are the latest KEF Bluetooth design and they are called – appropriately enough – EGG speakers. Designed as a complete plug and play speaker package – with built-in amplification and DAC (Digital-to-Analogue Converter) – the speakers are compatible with high resolution music thanks to a 96kHz/24-bit USB input.
With their compact, stylishly curved design, the new KEF EGG should meet the design needs of the contemporary home while the two matching speakers offer a level of accurate stereo separation, with a wide and intricately detailed soundstage, so the manufacturer claims.
The speakers also feature KEF’s world-famous Uni-Q driver and a tweeter which is internally vented to prevent potentially distorting high pressures from building up behind the dome in the critical vocal region.
In addition, KEF’s ingenious Z-flex cone surround guides the sound from the tweeter across the surround without any disturbance or secondary radiation, allowing the midrange cone its full extension. Being stiffer than conventional materials, the aluminium midrange cone maintains its rigidity to ensure maximum clarity throughout the frequency range, whatever the volume.
Available in three contemporary finishes (Gloss Black, Pure White and Frosted Blue), the speakers are available now for £349 from http://www.KEFstore.co.uk
Key features: KEF EGG Wireless Digital Music System
• Bluetooth-enabled KEF EGG, with Bluetooth 4.0 aptX
• Lossless high resolution sound from source to output
• Digital 96kHz / 24-bit Mini USB input
• Multi-connection flexibility: can be used for streaming music anywhere in the home, TV sound with the optical connection, or as a desktop music system
• Subwoofer input, allowing you to add a KEF subwoofer for even more bass extension • KEF’s multi-award winning Uni-Q driver array