Microsoft has announced the start of the roll out of the “Cyan” update for Nokia Lumia phones – which will add and enhance features to the handsets.
Cyan is a pretty big update for Lumia smartphones – here’s how Microsoft describe some of the new additions:
- Cortana. The world’s first virtual personal assistant built around you. Available first in the U.S.
- Third column of Live Tiles on the Start Screen. Make your Start screen as unique as you are with three columns of customized tiles and a start background picture to shine through your system tiles.
- Action Center. One swipe takes you to your settings and notifications.
- WordFlow Keyboard. Glide your finger over this super-fast and intuitive smartphone keyboard to save time and effort.
- Business support. Work made easy on the only smartphone that has Office for Windows Phone built in so that you can access, edit, and share documents with anyone. New enterprise features make work safe and easier to access.
- Enhanced Nokia Camera and renewed Camera Roll. Access your images, image editing and sharing even quicker directly from the camera. Reframe and zoom in high resolution directly in Camera Roll.
- Updated Storyteller app and Living Images. Share your Storyteller stories on your favorite social network with an automatically created video of your best memories with background music. Living Images bring your still photos to live on your Lumia Icon and Lumia 1520.
- Install apps to MicroSD memory card. You can now free up space on your Lumia by moving apps to the memory card.
- Rich Recording with Surround Sound. With Lumia 1520 and Lumia Icon, you can capture and relive immersive video in Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 sound that is more true-to-life than ever before.
- Nokia Device Hub. Manage all your accessories in an easy and fun way.
Microsoft is also boasting about the image and video apps: Photoshop Express has come to Windows Phone and the new Video Tuner enables basic video editing (cropping, rotations, etc) with Instagram-style picture filters.
The update should be rolling out now – and if you’re impatient you can manually update in settings.