Spotify have teamed up with Grammy award-winning singer-songwriter Bon Iver and Indaba Music for an exclusive remixing competition.
Dubbed the “Bon Iver, Bon Iver: Stems Project,” fans are challenged with the task of remixing tracks from the artist’s critically acclaimed sophomore Bon Iver, Bon Iver album, giving them access to the individual audio mixes of each individual track of each song so that they can tweak and remix them.
Participants have until August 29th to finish their remixes through the Indaba Music website, before they go to a vote through Spotify. Bon Iver will then pick ten tracks from the highest rated remixes made, with the chosen few making up a Spotify-exclusive remix album. The creators of the chosen ten songs will also receive $1,000 (around £640).
The instructions for taking part are as follows:
1. Create a free membership at Indaba Music (www.indabamusic.com)
2. Visit the Bon Iver, Bon Iver: Stems Project remix page on Indaba Music
3. Select a song(s) and download the stems
4. Participants will have from 1 August until 29 August to complete their remixes and upload them for consideration
5. Voting begins on 30 August through Bon Iver, Spotify and Indaba Music’s websites and social networks via Facebook (one vote per account)
6. Winners will be announced during the third week of September, each earning a spot for their remix on the official Bon Iver, Bon Iver: Stems Project remix album on Spotify and a $1,000 cash prize (equivalent to approx. £640)