Toshiba launch Mini NB300 and NB305 Netbooks with 11 hour battery
Toshiba’s new Mini NB300 and NB305 Netbooks look set to address one of Netbook Land’s key problems: battery life. Featuring a six-cell high capacity battery pack, these latest offerings from Toshiba can manage a hefty 11 hours on-time from a single charge.
An Intel Atom N450 processor clocked at 1.66GHz is integrated into the graphics card and memory controller to keep energy consumption to a minimum. Both the NB300 and NB305 (pictured) feature a 10.1” (25.7 cm) TruBrite LED backlit displays, and ship with either Windows 7 Starter or Windows XP Home.
Both can house up to 250GB HDD of storage space, and use an integrated 3D impact sensor which detects freefalls, shocks and vibrations. In a neat touch, the Sleep-and-Charge feature allows external USB devices such as mobile phones and personal media players to charge from the Mini’s, even when turned off.
“The Toshiba principle of packing as much as possible into as small a space as they can certainly seems to have paid off this time,” says Rob Woolley, Laptop Specialist of computer experts IT247. “The real bonus is that 11 hour battery life, meaning that you can do a full day’s work without having to be tethered to a power point – perfect for business users on the go,” he adds.
The NB300 and 305 are out now. Check a full list of specs below.
- 10.1” (25.7 cm) TruBrite LED backlight display with a resolution of 1024 x 600 pixels
- Measures: 266 mm x 192.3 mm x 24.2 mm (front)
- Up to 11 hour battery life with a 6 cell battery.
- Weight: 1.33 kg
- Wireless connectivity: WLAN (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n), Bluetooth® 2.1 + EDR, Mobile Broadband ready
- Interfaces: 2x USB 2.0, 1x USB 2.0 with Sleep-and-Charge, headphone, microphone, Fast Ethernet, RGB, 2-in-1 Bridge Media Slot
- Integrated stereo speakers
- Up to 250 GB HDD with 3D impact sensor for HDD protection
- Intel® Atom N450 (1.66GHz, 667MHz)
- OS: Windows 7 Starter or Windows XP Home