Top 10 Tech Digest interviews from August
It’s early days for our Tech Digest interviews, but they’ve already covered a range of subjects, from blogging and smart clothing through to super-fast mobile downloads, motion capture and, er, how Cud fans are getting into social bookmarking. See below for August’s highlights.
- Six Apart co-founder Mena Trott on taking blogging to the masses with their new Vox platform, and why personal blogging isn’t a dirty phrase.
- Ex-Egg founder Tom Ilube on how his new company garlik plans to tackle issues of personal information and digital identity.
- Eleksen CEO Robin Shephard on why the smart fabrics market is taking off, and how you’ll soon be able to read text messages on your coat sleeves.
- Former Bang & Olufsen chief Anders Knutsen on why 3D mobile audio is going to be big, and what he thinks of B&O’s first mobile phone.
- Fanpop CEO Dave Lu on bringing fans together through social-bookmarking communities – from The Simpsons to the Kaiser Chiefs.
- 3 UK’s technical solutions director Graham Baxter on how HSDPA will speed up your mobile life, from downloading whole albums to streaming films.
- Rawflow’s Mikkel Dissing and Ian Keeling on why P2P technology could revolutionise webcasting as we know it.
- OMG deputy chairman Julian Morris on the latest advances in motion-capture technology, and the link between Gollum and UK road signs.
- LUUP UK director Robert Perkins on why mobile payments are due a resurgence, and how his company will take on the might of PayPal Mobile.
- Roxio VP of European operations John Newman on DVD on Demand, and how we’ll all be downloading and burning our own DVDs in the future.