Thursday Top 10: Things we learnt on VideoJug this week
How do you do stuff? It’s a question that’s constantly in my mind, whether I’m trying to fit a new door lock, cook a swanky meal, or find my way back home at 3am in the morning after a few ciders. If only there was a helpful online guide with videos showing me how to do, well, the first two of those things.
Well, there is. It’s called VideoJug, and it’s a nifty Web 2.0 site with the slogan ‘Life explained. On film’. It’s basically a cross between YouTube and Blue Peter, with a healthy element of Look Around You style humour. Here’s the top 10 things I learnt this week on there.
1. How to Make Octopus Spanish Style. Sadly this doesn’t involve chasing it round a swimming pool waving a red flag.
2. How to Fit a Cat Flap.
Release your moggy into the wild. If whippets are more your thing,
there’ll hopefully soon be a How to Fit a Flat Cap video too.
3. How to Do a Testicular Self-Exam. You have to be registered with the site and over 18 to watch this, as it features actual sweaty man-balls. As it should.
4. How to Brush Your Teeth. Because I never paid attention when I was young, and they’re starting to go black and drop out.
5. How to Unblock a Toilet. Watch this to save yourself having to work it out with a pencil. The old gags are always the best…
6. How to Make a Submarine in a Bottle. Face it, you know you’ve always wondered.
7. How to Spot a Bogus Caller. Show this to your Nan.
8. How to Make a Mojito. God’s own cocktail. Don’t show this to your Nan.
9. How to Serve and Drink Sake. No, you’re not allowed to swig it from the bottle. Not until the fifth bottle of the evening, anyway.
10. How to Make a Wooden Spoon Puppet. I’m easily amused.