Nintendo has announced to bring the bizarre Mercedes DLC to Mario Kart 8 in the UK later this month.
The promotional tie-in lets players take to the tracks in three real-life Mercedes: the GLA, the 300 SL Roadster and the Silver Arrow. The karts are customisable too with the ability to change wheels and stuff. Yes, its a bit more Gran Turismo than Mario Kart… but hey, it means much needed cash for Nintendo.
In addition, the update will also see the launch of the “Mercedes Cup” online competition, and will add some useful tweaks to the game:
- Drivers will now have the option to display the course map on the TV screen during races.
- Users will be able to check out statistics such as their total number of coins accumulated, win-loss record from online play, and their most frequently selected character overall.
- Users will be able to change options of others’ Mario Kart TV downloaded highlight reels, such as changing the focus to a new character or event.
- The order of the menu after each race will be changed to “ Next Race”, followed by “Watch Highlight Reel”.
- The game will remember the most recent customised kart settings that were selected, even if the Wii U system is powered down.
- Improvements to stability of connection in online play to enhance the user experience.
The update should be available for free download on 27th August.