The votes have been counted, the correct entries sorted from the incorrect ones and I can reveal the 10 lucky winners of the Gadget Show Live competition for pairs of tickets to this weekend’s event.
So, without further ado, congratulations to Mohd Imree Azmi, James van den Bergh, Gavin Bond, John Thomson, Steve Hamilton, Shane Day, John Ross, Andy Cook, Sue Fraser and Melanie Clark who’ll all have tickets in the post. If you don’t get them in time, the let me know. Oh, and make sure you come and say hello.
Right you lucky people, listen up because I’ve got 10 pairs of tickets to give away to the sold out Gadget Show Live 2009 tech extravaganza taking place at the Birmingham NEC the weekend after next – that’s 17th-19th April for those without their calendars to hand.
There’ll be all sorts of interactive treats on display including a gaming zone, Segways test track, Super Theatre featuring the Channel 5 show’s stars and the amazing How To Theatre with us, the Shiny Tech Crew.
“So, how do I bag myself these tickets hotter than the sun on a paritcularly hot day,” you’re asking yourself. Well, the answer is simple. All you have to do is answer this very simple question:
On what date does the Vodafone HTC Magic (G2) go on sale in the UK? Is it:
a) 1st May 2009
b) 1st June 2009
c) 1st July 2009
Send your answer along with your name and address to our competitions e-mail account before 11:59pm on Monday 13th April. I’ll chose 10 lucky winners at random and get you your tickets in time for the show. Good luck.
Terms and Conditions
1. The prize is one pair out of 10 day tickets to the Gadget Show Live 2009 17th-19th April
2. Only open to UK residents, over 18 years old.
3. One entry per person.
4. Promoter reserves right to disqualify any entrant deemed to breach T&Cs.
5. Prize subject to availability and at the discretion of Promoter.
6. Promoter reserves right to cancel/amend prize draw at any time without prior notice, or substitute prize with that of equal/greater value.
7. Prize non transferable.
8. No cash/credit alternative will be offered.
9. Taxes, insurances, travel and other expenses unless stated by the Promoter, are winner’s sole responsibility.
10. By entering the winner agrees to take part in event publicity upon request, including use of name, address, image and audio/audio visual recordings.
11. If you don’t wish to be added to the Tech Digest mailout please write DON’T SUBSCRIBE in the subject header.
Ladies, gentlemen; gadget boys and gadget gals, the Gadget Show Live 2009 is officially sold out. I have just been informed by the event organisers that there are precisely zero pairs of tickets left for both the Super Theatre and even access to the main show.
To those that have their hands clutched around a pair like Charlie Bucket and Grandpa Joe, then congratulations, for those that haven’t, well, there might just be a competition on Tech Digest very soon indeed because I happen to have a bunch burning a hole in my drawer at the moment and I prefer my drawers without holes in.
Keep ’em peeled and I’ll see you down at the NEC at the How To Theatre along with the rest of the Shiny Tech Crew from 17th-19th April. Good luck.