Antiques are where the money is. At least, that’s what you’d think watching the Antiques Roadshow, where people whose ancestors picked up trinkets for a song find out they’re now worth tens of thousands. How to ensure you do the same thing for the benefit of your descendants?
eBay has some ideas, releasing a top-ten list of items available on the auction site now that are likely to be collectable in the future, compiled by expert Jamie Breese. They are:
1. Signed Lewis Hamilton autobiography
2. 2007-edition Spice Girls t-shirts
3. Golden Compass calendar
4. Apple iPhone
5. Alessi Homeware Dozi paperclip holder
6. First edition of ‘The Spiderwick Chronicles’ book
7. Banksy ‘Trolleys’ print
8. Corgi Hogwarts Express toy
9. Royal Doulton Diana Princess of Wales figure
10. Gold Label Barbie doll
Spend a total of £1,477 on these, and your grandchildren will be laughing. Maybe.