Wearable fitness tech maker Jawbone has announced two new devices to keep pace with competitors.
So what’s new?
First up there’s the Jawbone Up Move – which is going to be a bargain at £39.99. Here’s how Jawbone describes it:
“Press the face of UP MOVE to see its sleek, hidden LED display light up to show you your progress toward your goals at a glance. Press once to display your step progress, twice to display the time, and three times to display your sleep from the prior night.
Made from a durable, nylon-like anodized aluminium, UP MOVE comes in five brilliant colours with corresponding clips so you can easily fasten it anywhere. Place the tracker discreetly in the coin pocket of your jeans, or use it with the clip to wear it on your sock, belt or bra. Colourful hypoallergenic wrist straps are also available in two widths, slim and standard, allowing you to wear UP MOVE on your wrist and mix and match it with your personal accessories.
UP MOVE comes with a replaceable battery that lasts up to six months, eliminating the need for regular recharging. It uses the same circular batteries found in digital watches and remotes, which are long-lasting and easy to replace.”
And then for hardcore users there’s the Jawbone UP 3 – which will set you back £149.99. Here’s how it is described:
“nside its slim design, the patented multi-sensor platform in UP3 collects and analyzes a wide range of biometric signals, delivering actionable insights specific to you:
- Multi-sensor Platform: The advanced multi-sensor platform includes a new tri-axis accelerometer, sophisticated bioimpedance sensors, and skin and ambient temperature sensors. Using this technology, UP3 delivers resting heart rate – a key indicator of your overall heart health – and will capture more health data through future firmware updates.
- Advanced Sleep: UP3 captures detailed sleep stages including REM, Light and Deep sleep, providing in-depth information on your sleep and what you can do to improve it.
- Advanced Activity: New smart algorithms allow UP3 to automatically identify workouts and classify your activities, including running, cross-training, tennis, and many more.
- Smart Coach: UP3 connects with the industry-leading UP App to bring you Smart Coach – an intelligent system that keeps track of your progress and gives you personalised guidance to help you reach your goals faster. The more information UP3 captures about your sleep, activity, meals and other biometric signals, the more Smart Coach can do for you.
- Smart Design: Designed by leading industrial designer, Yves Behar, UP3 features a slim, stylish, and low-profile design that you can accessorize with jewellery or watches on the wrist. With up to seven days battery life, water resistance up to 10 meters and a durable anodized aluminium framework, UP3 is one of the only trackers available that achieves true 24/7 wearability. A secure, overlapping watch-style clasp allows you to adjust UP3 to fit almost any wrist size.”
Both devices should be available “this winter”.
The news comes just weeks after Fitbit announced the latest additions to its range of trackers.