Word has broken webside of the dates and specs on the next generation iPhone. This time it’s from a friend of a friend of friend of one of the Apple hardware team and the specs are certainly consistent with the murmurings so far.
- 32GB and 16GB to replace current capacities
- $199 and $299 price-points to be maintained
- 3.2 Megapixel camera
- Video recording & editing capabilities
- Ability to send a picture & video via MMS
- Discontinuation of the metal band surrounding the edge of the device
- OLED screen
- 1.5X The battery life
- Double the RAM and processing power
- Built-in FM transmitter
- Apple logo on the back to light up
- Rubber-tread backing
- Sleeker design
- Built-in compass
- Revolutionary combination of the camera, GPS, compass, and Google maps to identify photo and inform about photo locations.
- Turn by turn directions
- July 17th, 2009 release date
As to whether it’s true, we’ll have to wait and see, but I like the sound of that OLED screen and subsequent battery life. The only question left is: To Jailbreak or not to Jailbreak?
(via Apple iPhone Apps)