There’s an entire hall devoted to in-car stuff at CES, complete with many cars showcasing the exhibitors’ kit. If you want detailed specs and information, you’ll have to go to a proper motorblog – it’s all about the CarPorn photos here. See below for my pick of the coolest 25 motors at the show.
1. (above) For some reason this makes me think of Star Wars.
2. You might not think this is impressive, but I’m warming up, don’t worry.
3. All Minis should be like this.
5. Count those screens in awe! And then realise that nobody can actually watch them when the car’s driving.
6. Perfect school-run material.
7. Winner of the Most Unclampable Car of CES 2008 award.
8. Furry dice are on the comeback trail! You read it here first.
10. That’s what I call top polishing.
Flames are always right on a car. Always.
12. I’m not sure it’s strictly roadworthy in that condition.
13. Size isn’t everything.
14. Warning: this sort of slogan won’t win you any respect from the Bishops Stortford boy-racer massive.
15. You should hear James Blunt played on this thing, he sounds WELL phat.
16. Bonus points for the fact that this car is called FIREBLADE.
17. Car accessory of the day, by a country mile.
18. Office chairs are the new bull-bars.
19. Now that’s slick parking.
20. I can’t look at this without thinking it’s just a really big Tonka Truck.
22. It’s an armed forces inspired ve-hicle, complete with wars listed on the car doors. No, Iraq isn’t on there.
23. My car’s got no back wheels! How does it turn? Terrible!
24. Less a drive-in cinema, and more a driving cinema. Ho ho.
25. Because purple is always a winner when it comes to cars.
CES 2008 Special
Read all our coverage from the show in our CES 2008 category
By Stuart Dredge | January 9th, 2008