You can’t beat a good Facebook application, although you can bury it with hundreds of rubbish ones – something that due to the popularity of Facebook’s development platform, is in danger of happening.
I wonder if the site will introduce proper five-star ratings for apps, so you can sort through them that way. In the meantime, I’ve been combing through the list of recent new apps to find five worth putting on your profile. Starting with…
1. Buffy Photos, Quotes and Trivia (pictured). It’s new, but has already sailed past the 2,500-user mark. Show your Buffy fandom by adding it, and you can even chat to other fans from within the app. GET IT
2. Interactive Friends Graph. Another neat app that plots your friends and their interconnections, but the big selling point here is the way you can actually interact with it, sending messages, pokes and add people from within the graph. GET IT
3. Beer Diary. Keep an accurate record of just how many units you’ve drunk, and then show it off to the world (and, er, your boss / mother / AA counsellor). GET IT
4. Heat RSS. Simple way to get the latest gossip from Heat magazine’s website on your profile. You didn’t know Heat had a website? Join the club! GET IT
5. Social Chat. The latest Facebook chat app to set up private rooms for friends, or meet random strangers for
red hot cyberlove stimulating interaction. GET IT