E3, the annual gaming expo held in Santa Monica, is being kicked off this week, and teh internets are rife with speculation. There’s been a few announcements already – namely that far from generous PS3 price cut – but what else can we expect from the gaming expo to end all gaming expos? Well, it was known as that up until this year, when they canned appearances from Paris Hilton and kin, and closed it off to industry professionals only…
From our Sony PlayStation site, PSPSPS.tv –
– July 11th will see the official SCEA E3 press conference (downloadable on the PlayStation Network), and will no doubt contain the new Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer.
– Ninja Gaiden Sigma developer Tecmo has spoken to GameSpot over their dislike of the new E3 format.
From our Nintendo Wii site, WiiWii.tv –
– Top five games bound to make an appearance at E3 this year include Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, Super Mario Galaxy, and…
From other sites from around the world that we can’t help but adore –
– Bethesda Softworks announced today that they’ll be releasing The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition on the Xbox 360, PS3 and Windows this September.
– THQ announced that their MX vs. ATV Untamed franchise will be released for Xbox 360, PS3, Wii and DS in January 2008.
– Rumours abound that Square Enix will be unveiling a shedload of RPG goodies this week, including Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates, and Heroes of Mana.
– The redesigned PSP, hard-drive’d up Wii, and handheld Xbox are all due to be shown off, according to the hopefuls at the New Zealand Herald.