Great news. One of our favourite products of the last year or so seems finally to have secured a UK launch. The Broadband Box will arrive in the UK soon courtesy of retailer Steljes.
Basically the box, which sits under your TV, is capable of replacing your DVD player, VCR, CD player and, while you are at it your PC.
Its features list is awesome
* Full Windows XP Intel Pentium 4 PC
* A huge 256Gigabyte hard disk
* DVD player/CD-writer
* Digital or analogue TV tuner
* Hard disk video recorder with two week electronic programme guide and cool search facility
* FM tuner
* All the usual PC applications (Internet Explorer, Outlook, Word etc)
But the really cool thing is the way it has this superb interface which gives it a proper consumer electronics feel. It really is a cinch to use.
There’s also the possibility of video-on-demand to complement its streaming facilities. It has wireless functionality, virtually every connector you can think of and it is all controlled via its accompanying wireless keyboard. It is compatible with all screens from plasmas to conventional CRTs.
No news yet on price (we reckon it will be around £2000) or an official launch, but we’ll let you know soon.
By (Display Name not set) | February 12th, 2004